Subject: [Leica] My first special test of the Elmarit 24 ASPH
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 19:55:05 -0500

Some time back I saw a Rodenstock Imagon lens for sale.  It was a "portrait
lens", a 250mm (for 4x5).  It was supposed to give a "soft, glowing" image.
I should have known better, but I bit.  As you might guess, it was the worst
of all worlds, i.e., soft wrinkles.  Later, the importer sent me a copy of
"The Book of the Imagon".  I was surprised to find that it was intended for
atmospheric effects, such as fog.  Anyway, a happy ending - I sold it to
someone for 5x what I paid for it.

Ken
BTW, I did make one great image with it.  An outdoor portrait of my
daughter, with perfect complexion and soft light.  Of course, now I could do
the same thing with a mouse click.  Except this was a contact platinum print
from a pyro negative...PS is still not there yet.  Yet.