Subject: [Leica] Equipment advise
From: erik at avondel.com (Erik van der Meulen)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:47:45 +0200

Dear Leica People -

My father-in-law's eye sight is degraded to a point where he can no
longer take photographs. He has been a long time enthusiast and has
quite some equipment stored in a closet. I have offered to assist him
in trying to sell his gear and would be very pleased if any of you
knowledgeable people would be willing to give some advise on the
supposed value and maybe the best way to sell it.

The items are specified below, including the most relevant part of the
serial numbers. Everything is in excellent condition and has been
CLA'd about 4-5 years ago and not seen light since. Most items include
original bags and boxes too.

M4 Silver (1194xxx)
Elmar 1:2.8/50 (2187xxx)
Elmarit 1:2.8/90 (2426xxx)
Leicameter MR

M6TTL Black (2473xxx)
Summilux M 1:1.4/35 (3139xxx)
Apo-Summicron 1:2/90 ASPH (2473xxx)

R4 Black (1639xxx)
Summilux R 1:1.4/50 (3233xxx)
Vario-Elmar-R 1:3.5/35-70 (3244xxx)
Vario-Elmar-R 1:4/75-200 (3137xxx)
Macro-Elmarit-R 1:2.8/60 (3207xxx)
Macro Adaptor R
Extender 2x
Viewer Loupe 2.5
Motordrive and Handgriff

I would be very grateful for any suggestions with regards to the
approximate market value of these items, if there are any particular
'gems' amongst them, and what would be the best market approach for
selling.

Any tips and suggestions are much appreciated, thanks up front!

--
?Erik van der Meulen
?Amsterdam, The Netherlands