Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mountain Bluebird
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 05:05:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Yesterday I visited the Sierra Nevada north of Truckee California; after
about a mile along a washboarded gravel road I found a meadow filled to
overflowing with wild mountain light and the promise of a drenching.  At the
meadow's edge a pair of Mountain Bluebirds was converting invertebrates into
the next crop of blue bug-eaters:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/turdidae/mobl05.jpg
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/turdidae/mobl06.jpg

technical stuff: R8/DMR, 560mm f/6.8 Telyt-R, shoulder stock and monopod.
The second photo is cropped significantly.  Note to those who obsess over
pristine glass: this 560 has several scratches and dings in the front
surface.  The lens was given to me in poor condition.  I removed the camo
tape & had DAG repair & re-lube the focus.  I don't see a problem with this
lens.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com