Subject: [Leica] OT: Olympus micro 4/3 preview
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:43:23 +0100

Sadly the new "Pen" seems to have no viewfinder.
I have never got used to holding a camera at arms length, framing
using a screen on the back. Certainly I am unable to either see the
screen adequately with my varifocal specs, nor consider it possible to
hold it adequately still to take a photograph this way in challenging
light.
This thing is no more use to me than any other finder-less P&S. I much
prefer the poor optical viewfinder on my P&S to using it this way.
On a tripod for macro focussing these systems are a bit easier,
particularly when the shot leads to an inconvenient camera position,
but then an articulating screen is just as much the key.
Maybe some nice lenses will ensue though!
cheers,
Frank