Subject: [Leica] The rangefinder is back! - Olympus EP-1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 03:14:54 -0400

Hey thanks for calling me Mr. Rabiner but the size of the print is less then
half the story.
Most of the story is while the rest of the world is moving up to 24x36
format twice the length of 1.5 or 1.5 crop circle factor cameras they are
shooting at iso 64,000 without a blink of an eye and printing them bigger
than 8x10.
With a sensor half the size of 1.5 (4/3's 2X) you're lucky if your can make
a nice looking 8x10 at iso 400.
Is that a 5 f stop difference?
Like the difference between f 22 and f 2.8?  A 15th and 250th?
Your only trick is to use lower ISO's but with anti vibration stuff. It
doesn't cut it.

Think of a Rollei 35.
Is digital really that far behind?

I think they can make a 24x36 pocketable digital camrea if they wanted to.

I'd like to see a digital IIIA!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] The rangefinder is back! - Olympus EP-1)
Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] The rangefinder is back! - Olympus EP-1)