Subject: [Leica] Grandmother and the child
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 06:51:40 -0700

Lluis showed:

Please, which one you like the best?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/20090614_1888bw.jpg.ht
ml

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/20090614_1889bw.jpg.ht
ml
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Miscellaneous/20090614_1889bw.jpg.h
tml%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c> <<<<<<<<<

Hi Lluis,

People part:

I feel the one of the grand mother touching the child is the better. Not
only action of the hand, but there's a nice smile. Even though in both
images the boy has an appearance of apprehension as though he's not too sure
about this lady? Grandma's smile helps with the hand on head, but the kid
doesn't look happy. No idea why, obviously little guys about his age react
differently and how often he visits with her can lead to all of the above.

Scene part:

As soon as the screen opened the first thing I saw was the big tied back
white curtains right down the middle in both frames separating them. Even
more so in the hand on head photo, as it's slightly brighter. I also realize
one does not have the luxury of making the move to lessen or eliminate the
obvious. Or the moment would be lost, nor would you have had the same full
face line of looking at each other.

 A moment keeper for the family album. A quick happy snap, but not quite the
winning golden ring you so often capture. Having said that, none of us are
so perfect every frame is a smashing success!

Of the two I prefer the hand on head mainly because of the action. And it
would improve slightly with a bit of burning in on the curtain.

Cheers,

ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Grandmother and the child)