Subject: [Leica] Photos
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:27:47 +0530

Jim Corbett was a trailblazer, he gave up the gun for conservation and a
camera, and the people of Kumaon (where he lived) worshiped him as a saint,
and in India he has acquired legendary status. India's premier tiger reserve
and national park is named after him, actually around the area where he
lived, Corbett National Park. I think he must have been a remarkable man, no
two ways about it. IMHO his best book is not one of his describing his man
eater slaying exploits, though even those have a lot of atmospheric
descriptions of the Indian jungles, but one called simply "Jungle Lore".
Sadly very few of the areas where he hunted his man eaters survive as forest
today.
Cheers
Jayanand