Subject: [Leica] Viet name 1968! :-)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:57:38 -0400

I admire of course the work and character of James Nachtwey and one or two
others...
But war photography and war photographers in general kind of rubs me the
wrong way. I had an associate who became one.
Why would somebody go from war to war shooting pictures?
Not happy with planet Earth?
Me I'm real fond of living life on Planet Earth and plan to stay on it for a
normal lifetime if not longer.
I have no plans to seek out flying bullets to see if they will miraculously
avoid me and my camera gear. Listen to people crying out in agony.

Anybody who said no to a war assignment I'd admire for their common sense.

I'm not a trill seeker. And I don't recommend it.

Mark William Rabiner