Subject: [Leica] Viet nam 1968! :-)
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:39:26 -0700

Vietnam and the draft also changed my life path.

In 1966 I was studying physics, and went to Berkeley to go to summer
school as well as to check out how I felt about moving to the US and
going to graduate school there.

I had a great summer, taking a math course that was helpful in my
studies, and a wonderful philosophy course from a prof who had 5
earned doctorates and one leg. He'd been to Vietnam. Between talking
with him, talking to various classmates who were often still gung ho
about Vietnam and the general atmosphere around the war issues, I
decided I didn't want to move to the US. I might be able to avoid the
draft, but what about any children or grandchildren I had?

My dad had come to Canada to get away from a Europe that didn't seem
to want to avoid war, and I didn't want to go to a country that
seemed to want to wage war in all the corners of the Earth.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com