Subject: [Leica] AUS-GER Lug Meeting in Berlin - some more shots.
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:44:02 +0200

A few from our coffee stop in Tangermuende on the River Elbe - Lovely
little town, still very much in the throes of being brought back into
the western world.

The church is colossal, this is shot from the courtyard of the Schloss
(castle)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9651.jpg.html

A little to the right of the church is an old tower used as a nesting
place by storks - unfortunately I don't take longer glass when planning
city tours, so the stork is only just recognisable as such.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9661.jpg.html

At least one company is not suffering from the financial crisis:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9652.jpg.html

A view of the Schloss (now a high-class hotel, but still reasonably
priced) from where we sat drinking coffee.

Very impressive, Frauke and I think it might be a good place for a
weekend break.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9646.jpg.html

1799, a shipowner's house in Tangermuende - it has a preservation order
on it, but work hasn't started yet.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9666.jpg.html

The shop next door is in a sorrier state

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9668.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9667.jpg.html

This street is waiting to be spruced up, the other end of the town is
already refurbished and renovated, but we didn't have time for it on
this trip.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9669.jpg.html

Arrival in Berlin - Adenauer Platz/Ku-damm against the setting sun

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9670.jpg.html

A pavement Currywurst restaurant outside our hotel - a big argument
about who invented Currywurst still rages in Germany - was it in Hamburg
or was it in Berlin - nobody really knows. The best one I ever ate was
in Goslar in the Harz mountains at a restaurant run by Italians :-)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9672.jpg.html

Opposite our hotel window:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9705.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9718.jpg.html

The next shots were all posted earlier when we met Geoff and his dear
wife Bron.

These two have been added:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9764.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9770.jpg.html

As have some from the Sony Centre - starting here
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/LUG_BERLIN/LUG_TRIP__MG_9778.jpg.html

Quite a lot for one post - hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed
being there - despite the poor weather we had most of the time

Cheers
Douglas

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] AUS-GER Lug Meeting in Berlin - some more shots.)
Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] AUS-GER Lug Meeting in Berlin - some more shots.)