Subject: [Leica] IMG: Berliner Mauer und Jüdisches Museum
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 15:33:04 +0200

Nice stuff,

Having lived in Germany since the early seventies, I would probably have
not thought of visiting some of the corners you shot, all somehow too
commonplace, having seen them in the news and nespapers so often.

Now I see I'll have to take the time to tour them all after all.

About the architecture: the world's architects descended on Berlin like
a swarm of vultures as soon as it was announced that the government was
moving from Bonn to Berlin - thankfully, the urban planners made a very
good job of deciding what was to be granted building permission and what
was not - and picked (almost exclusively) the best concepts. There is
still a lot to be done, and a lot of empty space to be filled, so Berlin
is still growing and developing at an enormous rate to become THE
European (and world) centre for design, fashion, the media, architecture
and the arts.

A vibrant city that offers something for everyone, but with very few of
the frequent rip-offs and little of the hectic bustle you find in big
cities like London or Paris.

I can already envisage the next trip, a leisurely drive along the L188,
a weekend in the Imperial and Hanse City of Tangerm?nde on the Elbe,
followed by another couple of days in the Hauptstadt.

Cheers
Douglas