Subject: [Leica] Which M to sell to get which M8?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:00:10 -0400

One area where a film camera beats digital is this.

Every year a new generation digital camera comes out, which makes the
existing generation digital camera seem to be just a tad lacking (and
who wants a camera that's lacking?)

There are individuals who say they don't care that something a little
better is out there (and unlike me actually mean it). With that kind of
attitude chances are that person is still shooting film, anyway.

OTOH, it's unlikely that your film camera will never be superseded by
another film camera. So your Leica will always be the best looking girl
at the dance.

Why did the world weep when Kodak announced they discontinued
Kodachrome? (I thought them made this announcement some time ago, so now
I'm experiencing a second bout of angst). Will anyone shed a tear then
they stop making the Foevon X3 Pro 10M sensor? Will we observe a moment
of silence when someone invents a pattern that's better than Bayer?

Only time will tell. :-)

Dave R