Subject: [Leica] Which M to sell to get which M8?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:43:28 -0400

Richard,

I'd keep the MP and sell the M7. Shooting film is becoming more and more
of a craft. It's getting harder to farm things, like processing, out.
You have to do more yourself. The MP, IMO, is more of a craftsman
camera.

I look at it this way. If I'm going to go out and grab some images of
something where capturing the subject matter is vitally important, I'm
not going to shoot film. On the other hand if I'm going to go out and
photograph for the mere joy of photography (which is what I find myself
doing most often these days) I'll use film and the most fun camera I can
muster up.

In the long run I don't think the money side of things will matter much.
Down the road I think I'd regret selling the MP a lot more than I'd
regret selling the M7.

Dave R