Subject: [Leica] IMG: Leipzig and Colditz gallery
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:43:41 +1000

Following overwhelming initial reaction to my 159 Berlin photos ;-), I offer
my Leipzig and Colditz gallery.
Leipzig initially impressed us as maybe run down and depressed with some
boarded up hotels. Very wrong first impressions as the CBD hums with
wonderful street cafes and stylish arcades everywhere.
Some 9:30PM+ light which is very foreign to us here at home too.
Colditz is best known to Australian. NZ and British students of WWII
history. It was a special camp where the Germans confined all of the most
difficult officer prisoners who repeatedly attempted to escape from
elsewhere. Very much not a great plan to put all of the bad eggs in one
basket. Of course its history extends much before that but Oflag IVC was
what I went to see.
George, I tried hard to make some George like images in some pretty ordinary
weather.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/g/l/

--
Cheers