Subject: [Leica] IMG: critters in Sierra County
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:39:57 -0400

At 10:14 AM 6/30/2009, you wrote:
>what's the best way to do that?
>
>ric

Ric -

SmugMug allows you to control how protected your photos are with
watermarks, right-click protection, allowing only small jpegs to be
viewed.  They keep all metadata in the originals and are working on a
way to keep the metadata in small, display photos and still have them
load quickly.  If Orphan Works passes, and it looks like it will, all
unidentified photos will be  orphans and free for anybody to take and
use any way they want.

There are scripts that allow you to right-protect your photos on your
own website, but I'd rather leave that up to SmugMug and spend my
time on the photos.  I know there are ways around these protections
but most photo grabbers only take those that are easy to take.  If
you can prove that someone has removed watermarks or metadata from
your photos in order to steal them, it's a criminal offense.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: critters in Sierra County)