Subject: [Leica] Tina Wrote... NOW---- MAGE SIZE ON WEB!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:44:29 -0700

Tina & B.D. offered:

TINA said:

>>>Anybody who posts photos on the internet today without watermarks or

some other identification is just asking for them to be stolen.  It's

getting worse all the time with people assuming that anything posted

on the internet is free for taking and using any way they want.  When

the New York Times actually advices downloading and using other

peoples' photos as decoration, I intend to put big watermarks,

right-click protection, and imbedded metadata in anything I post from now

on.

B.D. offered:

----

As has been recently pointed out to me, Tina, right-click protection is

meaningless, because anyone can take a screen shot - same goes for flash

websites, which I used to think offered protection.

The problem with embedding ugly watermarks is that they are ugly and I think

make people less likely to want to look at your photos.

The best protection is to limit image size and dpi such that getting

decent-size prints is pretty much impossible. But otherwise we may have

reached the point where we have to recognize that if we put it up in

cyberspace, it's going to float around cyberspace.<<<,

Hi folks,

My son Scott during the early days of uploading website and photos was
ripped off a couple of times. So he went to a system of size on the site so
people, editors or clients can see his photography. But it can't be enlarged
for any practical purposes. As far as he knows it's worked well without any
rip offs! If anyone wants a copy he then generally has it under control and
easier for charging, use etc.

Here's his opening page, then click on subjects to see more:

http://www.sixsixsix.ca/info%20page-2007.htm

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Tina Wrote... NOW---- MAGE SIZE ON WEB!)