Subject: [Leica] IMG: critters in Sierra County
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:11:19 -0700

Doug Herr showed:

Yesterday I spent a day out of Sacramento's 106-degree (F) heat (41 degrees
C) in the relative cool of Sierra County, north of Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
I traveled a dirt road where I'd seen Mountain Bluebirds two weeks earlier
and found:

Least Chipmunk (I'm pretty sure it's Least)

http://wildlightphoto.com/mammals/rodents/lech00.jpg

Mountain Chickadee:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/paridae/moch02.jpg

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/paridae/moch03.jpg

and Williamson's Sapsuckers:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/picidae/wisa00.jpg

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/picidae/wisa01.jpg
<http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/picidae/wisa01.jpg%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c>
<<<<<<<<,

Hi Doug,

Well if anyone can put a DMR & R8 together and capture beautiful critter
pictures, "you da man!" :-)

Once again I'll say this for the Umpteenth time..... "LEICA ARE YOU
LISTENTING?"  Not likely. :-(

"If LEICA head office people really had two sticks worth of brains they'd
have you under contract doing your magic as we see weekly. Hell you'd be the
best sales promoter of LEICA R equipment, certainly along the lines of your
expertise they could possibly have!

But as usual, our comments, all of us, merely fall on deaf ears and blind
eyes in Germany to their know it all so called promotion staff! Eventually
LEICA will go the way of the do-do bird! It wont be because of the quality
of the equipment, as we all know and love to work with without question. But
it will be due to absolutely the worst mismanagement possible. Certainly
what we see on the surface. Obviously I could be wildly wrong!

Yeah I know I'm not in the board room, so how do I know?

I suppose after 60 years working with Leica gear and their wonderful on the
ground folks, one does develop some reasonable gut feelings from the
experience of day to year realities. However I wish them well for the future
because at the moment they've only got one way to go... Up or out!

But damn that M8 is fantastic and that's another camera they are not
promoting worth while with younger people to create new buyers of their
gear.

I always wish them well?

Great photos Doug.

Cheers,