Subject: [Leica] Which M to sell to get which M8?
From: jackyaus at gmail.com (Jacky aus)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:59:03 +1000

This is a very exciting topic ? use digital Leica or analogue Leica. And
very interesting to read some much feedback on this sensitive topic?

I have a digital Nikon camera and I have an analogue Leica M6 only.

My experience is: digital camera is economical and convenient if we used
digital photos more often. For me, digital photos are normal format than
analogue ones as most of my friends and organisations are communicated via
internet.

In term of quality, it is very technical and personal preference too. One
needs to do this by oneself to make the final judgement.

At the moment, due to size of sensor, full capability of lens is not
captured by the body. This is critical for shooting by some critical
photographer. I think this is one key reasons why I do not enter into Leica
digital straight away until this sensor sizes are resolved (provided you
could wait for it)

I use Digital Nikon for casual shooting and it works well, though I lost the
quality and favours of Leica Lens to some extent.

In summary, I keep my photography gears in balance within the limits of
finance budget. If I were rich enough, I will go for digital Leica, at least
I have another modern gear to play with and enjoy with in new dimension of
digital era, forgetting about the technical jargons or personal favours on
analogue format?.

Hope my experience helps with some leica users in simple situation as a
simple photographer?

Richard and Mark, it is hard decision if one needs to scarify one body to
get another one. Hope that you can reach a good decision to enjoy Leica
photography in all ways round ?

Jacky