Subject: [Leica] To Sell or Not to Sell now Canon CA and Leica
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 11:36:53 -0500

I too have read and read and read these comparisons.
Yet my own side by side testing fly in the face of my reading.

While "no quality difference" may be entirely technically true.
I can't help asking why the top of the line "medium format backs"
continue to use CCD
and why the smaller CCD's in the M8 and DMR out perform (to my taste)
the larger 5D cMOS.
I ask the question purely from my own anecdotal experience.

The one medium format cMOS back (I think it was Leaf that tried it)
now sells (or doesn't) for peanuts on the bay.

I'd love cheaper, bigger and better sensors from Leica
as well as for my old 'blad and to hang on my Cambo Ultima
I'm just not seeing them.

I have not used the newest top of the line Canons or Nikons
so I'm not saying it can't be done;
and welcome side by side comparisons by users of
both with the M8, DMR or other CCD's

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com