Subject: [Leica] FS: Elmarit M 28/2.8 4th v.
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 08:57:27 -0700 (PDT)

I remember, and think of you having it and Hank Ballerstadt, whose work I
really admire, who I bought it from. Who's got it now? I recall that 28's
don't agree with you.

I still think the CV Ultron 1.9 is the best 28 I've worked with yet in the
matter of minimal flattening and stretching of spheres in the corners. My
only beef is it's tendency to flair, and mounting the Elmarit's superior
hood on it helped. The CV hood is worthless.

I've been wondering about the new Ultron 2.0. Just the other day someone
here contacted me about this off-list after having looked in the archives,
and offered that in comparison to the new 2.0 Ultron, the older 1.9 has
better dimensionality in the corners.

Although I'm selling off stuff, I have the nagging thought that I should buy
a back-up 1.9 while Gandy still has them.