Subject: [Leica] Manali - Photographs
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 10:55:59 +0100

"Jayanand Govindaraj" <jayanand at gmail.com> wrote

>I had been for a week's holiday to the town of Manali in the Himalayan
> foothills in mid June. This is the area where the ancient trading
> route from Tibet to the India passes through, from the Hindu valley of
Snip
> photographs, all taken in Manali town are here:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Manali/

Some interesting images there Jayanand and the colour works well. Looking at
some of the people (priest, vegetable seller, etc.) it appears that they
don't look typically Indian, so I take it that's a legacy of the fact Manali
is an historic crossroads for trade?

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry