Subject: [Leica] PESO: Jerzey
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 19:30:12 -0400

Thank you Ken!

Though, honestly, I don't know the first thing about lighting--other than a)
try not to shoot INTO light with a 55 year old lens and b) even illumination
makes things easier.  I just use my VC meter to set the camera (or the
in-camera meter, if it's my Bessa R2a) and shoot away.  If I really had to
show talent, at a Leica clinic with Tina or Ted, I'd be totally lost.  Plus,
I'm bored by mountains and oceans without people.

This week I've been shooting again with my trusty M3 and red scale
Elmar--and didn't realize how much I missed that combination.  Today I ran a
roll of K64 through the Leica, mainly for old time's sake with what many
would consider a classic Kodachrome ensemble.  Ordinarily I use my Bessa for
Kodachrome, since exposure's so critical.

The price of an M8 is roughly the cost of finishing the wiring job needed
for our 1927 house, so I'll stick with film for the time being.

Jim Shulman
Wynnewood, PA
Who has a roll of TMax 400 drying now in the basement.