Subject: [Leica] travel photos of places i've never been
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 13:24:24 -0400

My new photography project:

http://inthehive.org

On June 11th I was looking at some photographs by [insert name of a famous
photographer who I won't name but you can probably figure out] thinking Did
he really mean to take this photo? Does this guy's camera go off at random?
and I started wondering what the photos would be like if someone just
carried around a camera that captured an image at random. And of course, I
then thought why not find out? I put up a cryptic call for volunteers and
got 23 people I'd never met from all across the U.S. and Canada who agreed
to wear cameras around their necks for two days. Over the weekend of June
13th and 14th I sent eleven SMS text messages at random times to everybody
in the group and they pressed the shutter buttons on their camera,
photographing whatever happened to be in front of them at that moment.

I "took" 266 photographs that way, 83 of which are in the gallery.

No Leica's were harmed during the photography.

Kc

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] travel photos of places i've never been)
Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] travel photos of places i've never been)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] travel photos of places i've never been)