Subject: [Leica] landscape photography advice?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 13:54:10 -0400

I checked.
Its 42 pounds.
http://www.moosepeterson.com/gear/mp1.html

There are big strong people in the world in shape and thrive on a big heavy
life. They attack their world with gusto.
Not me.
And not most women.
I'd not like to take 42lbs for a walk around the block on by back let along
a field outing.
10 pounds I'd like to be in the woods with. 12 maybe

How much does a wood folding 4x5 view field camera weight with a lens and
some film carriers? I think ten pounds or 15.
Is a 600mm lens crucial for landscape?
I don't think so.
I think as much as a landscape guy Moose is he's more a wildlife guy.
Even so I'd use the slower more compact version of the Nikon 600f4G AFS ED
VR II lens if there was one. A 400. Or 300 even.

Mark William Rabiner