Subject: [Leica] Painting class
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:31:32 -0700

Dr. Ted wrote:
"Great filling the frame!! Absolutely no waste space in the frame!
The stance on both painters is great. One sitting there as nonchalant as
though at a tea party and the standing artist in great form also.
No problems with this photo at all!
Some where I think I saw it was a grab shot???/ You just keep grabbing them
like this one and you'll do just fine! :-)"

Hello Ted,
thank you for your comments.
The LUG conversation about "filling the frame" vs. "air" reminded me of the
exhortations of my instructor in the US Army's school for motion picture
cameramen in 1953: "fill the frame! don't make the viewer search for the
subject! you can't crop movies! get closer! fill the frame!" (we used the
Bell & Howell 35mm "Eyemo" with either a single 50mm or 35mm lens and a
simple optical viewfinder).
Cheers, Oliver

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Painting class)