Subject: [Leica] Painting class
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:54:22 -0500

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Oliver Bryk <oliverbryk at
comcast.net>wrote:

> "fill the frame! don't make the viewer search for the
> subject! you can't crop movies! get closer! fill the frame!" (we used the
> Bell & Howell 35mm "Eyemo" with either a single 50mm or 35mm lens and a
> simple optical viewfinder).

Hah!  In my first years as a news photographer, we used a 16mm eyemo (70dr)
with a turrent of lenses, quite a step up.   Then I moved to a bigger TV
station, and they gave me an Auricon with a $1000 Angeneiux zoom lens, and a
tripod with a $500 O'conner fluid head.  Then the chief told my, "Don't
zoom, and only pan with action."   Taught me a lot about DOF.

Really like the picture you posted.  It looked almost like a painting
itself.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
http://sonc.stumbleupon.com/
Natchitoches, Louisiana   (+31.754164,-093.099080)
USA