Subject: [Leica] OT!!! Folding Bikes
From: jacques_bilinski at yahoo.com (jacques bilinski)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

?>
> Unlike others, I am not afraid to mention brand names.? I always used
> MOULTON bikes.? Are they still being made?
> It was one of the few high quality British that were left.? No Lucas crap
> on it.

You'll have to talk to John Collier about them.
http://www.moultonbicycles.co.uk/

Like, John I'm also a Moulton enthusiast. In fact they are the only bikes I
use. They are definately still being made, both at the original Moulton
'factory'?and and under licence by Pashley Cycles. Alex Moulton?who was the
head engineer?in the development of the suspension?on the original Austin
Mini, is now almost 90 and still kicking.?These bikes have a bit of a cult
following and every September there is get get together at AM's?'castle'
near Bath in the south of England.?

Moultons perform very well, but for compact storage and very rapid folding
the Brompton or perhaps Bike Friday Tilkit are much superior. You can't go
wrong with a Brompton if you have a body of fairly average size. BF has?many
models and will make up whatever you order, something the other 2 won't. I'd
consider the Moulton as an alternative to a regular touring or racing bike.

Here are some photos of me and my Moulton during a ride in France a couple
of years ago:?
?http://tinyurl.com/36p5bs
?
Jacques