Subject: [Leica] Nikon Rumors
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:12:14 -0400

A search for horizontal banding might turn up some quirky stuff but its
really I don't think an issue. I cant think the last time I've heard
somebody complaining about it and I've never ever seen it.
Noise is the issue.
Translating to the ability to shoot pie in the sky ISO's with full frame.
And zilch with a sizable crop. More than 1.5x.

And this shows up in a normal sized print.
An 8.5 x 11.
And even on stuff you upload to the internet.

The thing is its not like we're holding a Hasselblad or an Olympus Pen F in
our hands.
Most these bodies are relatively the same size.
Many of the 2x crop cameras were bigger than the 1.5 crop cameras
And the 1.5 crop cameras only slightly smaller if that than the 1x crop
cameras.

They look not that different from the top of the line film cameras of the
90's.
Who big a sensor do you want in it?

Leica thinks you want something bigger than 24x36.

I'll settle for 24x36 any day.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Nikon Rumors)