Subject: [Leica] Nikon Rumors
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:01:06 -0500

David,

Thanks for your response. I probably won't print much larger than I am now
either.  I did notice that the prophoto site had 5D Mk II raw files for
download, that you could use in your favorite raw converter (Adobe ACR in my
case).  Unfortunately, they had horizontal banding noise beginning at ISO
1600 in low-contrast areas.  Once I noticed it, I could see it even in the
ACR preview pane.  Aside from the banding, I saw a lot of noise at 3200 and
6400.  I seem to recall reading somewhere that you could use this camera
routinely at 6400, but I doubt it.  A search for horizontal banding for that
camera turned up many negative comments.  Back to the drawing board.  I wish
I could use the M8, but I need longer lenses and higher iso's.

Ken