Subject: [Leica] OT: CV adapters for Micro 4/3rd Nikon and Pentax MountZeiss lenses
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 05:36:27 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Jayanand, the idea is that you DON'T lose focusing and metering features.
The adapters mange the translation between camera and lens.  Obviously if
Nikon offers everything you want then you're not interested.  The idea
behind this concept is to combine sensor A with lenses B and C with no loss
of function.  And if camera body maker D comes out with an important new
feature 3 years ahead of its competition you'd still be able to use your B
and C lenses with it, instead of changing systems or waiting for maker A to
emerge from bankruptcy and get on with making cameras.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com