Subject: [Leica] Digital projection on the big screen
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:35:55 -0400

If I go see Harry potter tonight at the Ziegfeld on 57th street they are
touting digital projection. Not sure if its Imax I think its not.
But its digital projection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAX

Does this mean its going to look better or that its going to look worse?
At 12:01 AM
For just under 20 bucks no doubt.

I'm guessing worse. I may be better or seeing in in crummy 35mm film
projector in a flea trap.

Any opinions based on insider knowledge? Or outsider instinct?

I just had a bad experience last week at Imax.
I was sitting in the back row but felt like as sitting in the front row.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Digital projection on the big screen)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] Digital projection on the big screen)