Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 "Discreet Shutter"
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:55:41 -0700

Richard Man asked:

Dr. Ted, please don't hit me!! :-)

So regarding the shutter sound, does the latest firmware makes the M8

sound exactly like the M8.2?

For educational elucidation purpose only, of course. I mean, when I

get an M8, I will make sure to couple it with a lawn mower so it

sounds just like that.<<<<<<<

Richard mon ami, :-)

A/ I wont hit you. :-) Now feel better already? :-)

>> So regarding the shutter sound, does the latest firmware makes the M8

sound exactly like the M8.2?<<<<<<<

B/  Quite frankly I don't have a clue as I'm a photographer and not a techie
freak! :-) My response will undoubtedly bring a correct answer from one of
the more enlightened members. :-)

>> I mean, when I get an M8, I will make sure to couple it with a lawn mower
so it

sounds just like that.<<<<<<<

C/ No no mon ami don't waste your precious life span fiddling with silly
things like that. Just take the camera and enjoy some quiet picture taking
time with a wonderful M camera, without film. Your time on planet Earth will
be put to far better use than piddling away nit picking mickey mouse
concerns over a click or clack here and there! :-)

When you get an M8 do one thing, "charge the battery! Good thing first."
Read manual, well the first couple of pages. Another good idea and anything
you don't understand we have a bunch of very cool folks right here who can
fill you in very well.

Then insert a huge card, go outside and blow yer brains out shooting until
you've filled the card having fun in knowing every exposure hasn't cost you
a penny! See how cool that is and I never whined once about the "click!" :-)

Obviously don't bring up the subject of camera-lens cost. that doesn't
count! :-)

Cheers,

Old doc ted! :-)