Subject: [Leica] Epson 2880 Printer favor......
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:32:43 -0700

I am trying to decide on the Epson 2880 or 3800 printer.  Yes, I know they
are different print sizes, and yes I have heard all the rumors, stories, etc
about relative print quality, same or different heads, etc.  I am still
trying to figure out the economics of the 2.

Everyone says that the 3800 cartridges are less $$$ per print.... but no one
seems to have the actual ink capacity of the 2880 cartridges.  This includes
Epson, w\that says they do not have that info in Tech support.  The Internet
has several reported sizes, al unsubstantiated.  The 3800 is 80mL.  Epson
says so.....

You would have thought that SOMEONE would have actually measured the size!
Gee whiz, are there no curious people out there?  What about the
ink-refillers?  No help there either!

Does any one have a used up cartridge from a 2880 that they would be willing
to open up and measure the capacity of, or to send it to me so that I can
obtain that info....I will be happy to pay for postage.

And I WILL Publish the results.......

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Epson 2880 Printer favor......)