Subject: [Leica] IMG: Olympus E-P1 and 90mm Leica Summicron
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 23:18:48 -0700

[Argh, forgot to put the subject line before I hit "send"...]
Thanks, everyone who replied on this.

Jim:  I use the 90/3.5 Lanthar.  It is indeed very sharp, and I like it
very much. Check this out.  It prints to 11x14 nicely, and I can see
individual trees on the distant mountainsides.  Go one previous picture
to see it in color.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/palmsprings/L1002702PalmSprSnowyMtnBW2.jpg.html

Pasvorn:  I used the wrong word.  I meant *eye-level* viewfinder, not
optical viewfinder. Holding a camera at half arm's length to see what
you're photographing runs counter to everything I learned about taking a
sharp photo--you don't have that third point of support with the camera
against your forehead or cheek.  Maybe that's why the EP-1 has
IS--because it needs it.   :-)   The G-1 has an eye-level viewfinder,
but it's electronic/live-view.

--Peter

Jim Laird wrote:
> Speaking of 90's, has anyone used the 90/3.5 Apo Lanthar? Is it true
> what Stephen Gandy says that it 'may turn out to be one of the
> sharpest 90's ever, in screw mount or M mount'?

Jim