Subject: [Leica] What is giclee?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:34:20 -0500

That is truly hilarious ! ;~)
People and words - we're really something to behold.

If we do a painting, drawing, water color, oil or what have you
then make a photograph of that object (perhaps with digital capture,
scanning camera or chip, or film and scan the film)
then send the digital image file to an inkjet printer
we have a

GICLEE PRINT

if we make a photograph of ANY OTHER SUBJECT (perhaps with digital
capture, scanning camera or chip, or film and scan the film)
then send the digital image file to an inkjet printer
we DO NOT HAVE

a giclee print

what a hoot

Easy to see why Doug (and others) spend so much time
with birds and other critters.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com