Subject: [Leica] S2 release dates and prices
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:47:28 -0700

At 2:24 AM -0400 7/30/09, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>What are the criticism of the Hassy medium format digital files Henning I've
>not heard them not that I'm all that tuned into that end.
>But thought they were phantasmagorically overwhelming overkill beyond all
>recognition.
>Too much?
>

>Mark William Rabiner

:-) :-)

I've heard of criticism of some lenses not doing that well in some
instances; I've looked at files as well that looked like the lenses
couldn't quite take full advantage of the sensors. This is the reason
that people put the best Rodenstock and Schneider digital lenses on
the high end backs in preference to the Hassy/Fuji lenses.

As usual, the longer lenses do better but the shorter lenses are not
all they could be. This all is in the context that this stuff all
costs an awful lot of money, so expectations are very high.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com