Subject: [Leica] Street games
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:59:21 -0500

Ted,

I agree.  I think it is irresponsible for stores to carry the "airsoft" and
other replicas that are so realistic.  I have an Airsoft ".45 auto", with a
hammer that is cocked and a slide safety and removable magazine that is
impossible to detect from a real one (with which I have some experience),
except for a little red ring on the muzzle which all the kids cut off. I
bought it to deal with rabbits in the garden (which didn't work - they laugh
at the plastic pellets and know the real deal).  I would have escalated the
force level, but we have some stupid ordinance about discharging real
firearms...

Ken