Subject: [Leica] Street games
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:08:03 -0700

Ken Carney offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Street games

Ted,

I agree.  I think it is irresponsible for stores to carry the "airsoft" and

other replicas that are so realistic.  I have an Airsoft ".45 auto", with a

hammer that is cocked and a slide safety and removable magazine that is

impossible to detect from a real one (with which I have some experience),

except for a little red ring on the muzzle which all the kids cut off. I

bought it to deal with rabbits in the garden (which didn't work - they laugh

at the plastic pellets and know the real deal).  I would have escalated the

force level, but we have some stupid ordinance about discharging real

firearms...<<<<<<<<<<<,,,

Ken

Hi Ken,

Re rabbits and pellet gun . :-)

Similar to where you are regarding use of "fire arm use" we have similar
laws here, let alone this is Canada and any kind of gun is a big no-no.

Given our home is in the city and not out in a sub-division where one might
think a subdivision on the city outskirts one could expect wildlife. But we
have a great number of foraging deer during the warmer seasons.

On more than one occasion I've had this blood curdling urge to shoot the
little mothers for completely eating my "just finished flower" planting for
the season! However I'd be the one in jail with no flowers to be concerned
with if I did. :-)

But they have given me some wonderful photo opportunities over the years so
I planted a huge number of real looking "plastic flowers" thei year along
with the real and that seems to have kept them off. Besides I couldn't shoot
one if my life depended on it as I always think of the movie "BAMBI!"

Cheers,

ted