Subject: [Leica] Seagate
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:32:16 -0400

At 04:24 PM 7/31/2009, you wrote:
>Tina,
>
>Have you looked at the drobo? (www.drobo.com).  I am using redundant
>external drives, but this looks a lot simpler.
>
>Ken

I've been using JBOD - just a bunch of disks - but I do want
something simpler.  I read lots of reviews and they are all over the
place from loving the Drobo to having catastrophic failures.  All in
all it seems like a good system so I've just ordered a Drobo with 4
1T Western Digital Green drives.  I hope I did the right
thing!   I'll still have to have an external drive to carry back and
forth with the files that I'm working on.  Someday I'd like to have a
Drobo enclosure in both offices!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com