Subject: [Leica] Seagate
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:57:59 -0400

2009-07-31-18:32:16 Tina Manley:
> All in all it seems like a good system so I've just ordered a Drobo
> with 4 1T Western Digital Green drives.  I hope I did the right thing!

Probably -- people seem to like it, and the WD drives seem solid these days.

> I'll still have to have an external drive to carry back and
> forth with the files that I'm working on.  Someday I'd like to have a
> Drobo enclosure in both offices!

So... are these two offices different buildings at the same property, or
are they entirely separate places (like your town home and your country
estate)?  If it's all local, it should be possible to arrange shared
access, and if the places are geographically distinct it should be
possible to arrange synchronization over the internet (if things stay
powered up both places, which you may prefer not to do, and if you have
appropriate bandwidth available).  Synchronizing between
geographically-diverse locations, if done cleverly (you wouldn't want to
synchronize the loss or corruption of a file, so it's not a trivial
problem) would help keep things backed up.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Seagate)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Seagate)
Message from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Seagate)