Subject: [Leica] Revised BOATING PAD #12 - Version 4 of "Underway"
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 08:26:53 +0100

Hi Richard,

another Mark here...

The picture looks like had it been printed conventionally, the paper
grade is a bit too low.  Try increasing the contrast to get the shadow
detail where you want it then adjust the brightness to sort out the
highlights.  It might just lift it a touch more.

When I used to print conventionally, the maxim was to get the exposure
right for the highlights and then use the paper grade to sort out the
shadows and mid-tones...

Cheers

Mark

--