Subject: [Leica] Peter's article on Wagner is up
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:32:39 -0500

Well written
with good points
well made.

I grew up loving Wagner's music;
my dad played in all the time (and loudly).

The more I learned of his alleged politics
the less I listened.

It's funny how art and politics and knowledge or lack thereof work on
the mind.
Separating an artist from their politics is no easy task.

Should the "work" stand on its own merits?
probably - yes

Yet, when it becomes propaganda
as in the case of Leni Riefenstahl
(much of whose art I find visually superb)
well?

Not saying it's the same for Wagner.

Regards,
George Lottermoser