Subject: [Leica] WTB: Zeiss 25/2.8 ZM
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 00:02:07 -0400

> Or any reasonably fast 24/25 in M mount that does not cost more than 3
> limbs. Thank you.

Sitting on my glass table next to me is my Bessa L on which is an in
expensive compact, lightweight (90g)excellent in quality snapshot-skopar
25mm lens made by Cosina with their Voigtl?nder emblem on it.
Its a f4 lens.
I carry around a shot I did with it of the Flat Iron building I took when I
first got to NY 3 years ago. A 5x7 on rag paper.

This lens has been now discontinued but can of course be "won" on eBay.
I've never missed my focus with it and it is not cammed.
It is guess to matic focusing.

Thing is in guess to matic mode I've been weaned on a Rollei 35 with a Zeiss
3.5 Tessar 40mm Lens. After after guess to maticly getting that one to work
for me using a 25mm is a not brainer. I've shot ok less than a thousands
pictures with it but I don't recall missing my focus once. You'd think I'd
forget or something on one shot. But even if you forgot to focus the thing
entirely odds are you're still going to nail it.
http://www.chiifcameras.com/site2/images/25mmf4LTM_header.jpg

I love working without the constant focusing.
Its surprisingly freeing.
Much more shooting from the hip. Not even looking through the camera.
Though its perfect on a LTM screw mount of Bessa L it would be just fine
with an adaptor on an M. also perfect on a CL or CL perhaps.

Don't get the sucker version out now with the cam.
Focusing is for babies.
Big fat ones.

Check out what this guy does with it
http://www.kpraslowicz.com/hardware/voigtlander-snapshot-skopar-25mm-f40/