Subject: [Leica] Peter's article on Wagner is up
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 03:00:19 -0400

> Hi Peter,
>
> Very well written article. For me, it is not that complicated. Wagner
> was a Nazi before the Nazi party even existed, and I will not touch
> his music with a flagpole, no matter how great it is in a strictly
> musical sense.
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan

Coincidently I listed to Wagner just two nights ago.
Wagner: The Ring Without Words
Das Rheingold, WWV 86a - 1. Greenish Twilight
Wagner, Richard (1813-1883) German (Died 6 years before Hitler was born)
No urge to move on Poland.

The SS was very fond of Mozart
Not going to give him up either.

The Abwehr; Robert Schumann
SS, SA and Gestapo were fond of German folk music.

Joseph Stalin killed everybody one by one except his favorite composer
Dmitri Shostakovich.
For me he's right under G. Mahler but closing.

Genghis Khan was fond of Mongolian Cha Cha music.
I'm listening to some for breakfast tomorrow morning.
With kippers.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Peter's article on Wagner is up)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Peter's article on Wagner is up)