Subject: [Leica] 35mm 'plus' neg scanner
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 15:14:17 +0200

Hi Paul,

if extremely high-resolution is not an issue, the Canon flatbeds are
very good. I've had a Canoscan 9900F for years and often use it for
quick scans of 24 slides or negs at a time. The carrier for film strips
doesn't cater for full width, but you could cut your own template for
scanning the film from edge to edge from black card. The quality of the
scanner is very good, and is apparently even better for the newer
models. Costs a lot less than an MF scanner and is invaluable in the
office too - I get superb results when I have to OCR documents for
translation.

Cheers
Douglas