Subject: [Leica] How do we log our shots?
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:19:27 -0500

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Nathan Wajsman<photo at frozenlight.eu>

 > I think it was something we were told in the photography class I was
 > taking.

I never took a class, so I guess I missed the lesson.  I never have
taken notes, because I  don't need to replicate many shots, and like
Nathan, I probably wouldn't use the info anyhow.  I can't imagine
trying to maintain a library of notes to accompany the several
thousand negatives, and many gigs of scans and dig-i-mages at my
house.

The only time I peek at the exif is if something is terribly wrong
with a shot, or is someone inquires about a shot.

When I used two cameras, usually the black M7 held 800 film and the
silver one Velvia, of course the film speed problem is solved with the
M8.  I own ten M lenses, and 95% of my shots are with the 35 summicron
asph.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
http://sonc.stumbleupon.com/
Natchitoches, Louisiana
(+31.754164,-093.099080)

If you are wondering, the following abolishes Gmail ads.  ;-)

I enjoy the massacre of ads. This sentence will slaughter ads without
a messy bloodbath.
USA

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] How do we log our shots?)