Subject: [Leica] Lament for a dying field
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:29:31 -0600

Sad story for those engaged in daily news journalism, but at least the
article points out that there are still opportunities for editorial
assignments and photo essays, which is what made the legendary PJs famous in
the first place.  No cell-phone photo is going to replace a Salgado essay or
a Spanish Village essay by Gene Smith.  I also don't see stock photos making
much of an impact in the photo essay field.  And to be honest, the quality
of news photography and editing in my local paper is not great, so I can see
how an editor would gravitate to amateur freebies.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Lament for a dying field)