Subject: [Leica] One thing that really annoys me about Leica...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:11:06 +0200

...is not the price of their cameras and lenses. You get a premium
product and pay a premium price.

But the little plastic bits!!!

I just picked up a second-hand 35mm Summicron ASPH. I have decided
that since the 35mm is the focal length I use the most, I want the
very best Leica lens in that focal length. The lens came from KEH
without hood and caps. I have plenty of spare rear caps and even found
a front cap in 39mm size lying around, but of course what is really
needed, especially in our sunny climate, is a lens hood. So...off to
look at prices at various dealers...100 pounds at Harrison Cameras in
the UK!

Screw that! I ordered a metal hood from heavystars on ebay instead for
the grand total of $22 including shipping to Spain. If it as nice as
the one I got from him for my 50mm Summilux, then I will have no
complaints.

Oh, and just to show my disdain for colour schemes: my M8 is black,
the Summicron is chrome, the lens hood will be black. So there!

:-)

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain