Subject: [Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:40:44 -0400

> I'm responding to the following comment made in an earlier posting:
> "Salgato is using a Canon Full frame.
> I bet he'd rather be using Leica glass."
>
> I don't know why Salgado uses a Canon. Besides full frame it could that
> the Canon has autofocus for all I know. What I do know is that lacking
> a full frame on the M8 is not a big deal to me. Even if I didn't do my
> own printing, it wouldn't be a big deal. I also shoot with a Canon. The
> Leica glass is superior. I have photos in my office that I shot with
> the Canon. When I look at one of them, I often think, "That image would
> look better had I used my M8."
>
> A full frame M9 would be nice, but not a necessity for me. I won't
> hurry to get in line. I understand, however.
>
> Doug

In the 90's or now if you told any number of clients you were shooting a job
with a rare gorgeous Leica 72 they would be concerned in plenty of cases and
have reason too. Half frame is not going to cut it in lots of situations
full frame would.
You need 72 on a roll? Change rolls. They don't care - the camera is the
same size.
Format is a major concern of many a client.
They are going to take your word for it on the glass; on the camera body
brand. But format is not something they often let go lightly.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?)