Subject: [Leica] powershot g11 -- like-a leica?
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:41:43 -0400

Digital Preview just reviewed the new Canon Powershot G11 with praise that
sounds very ... leica-like. I've been searching for something compact with
decent image quality and manual controls -- I was excited by the R-D1 but it
seems to have vanished as quickly as it arrived, the DMC-L1 seems ... like
an SLR ... anyway, an excerpt from the G11 review:

Stephen Munday, Senior Operations Director, Editorial, Getty Images,
comments:  "The quality of images delivered by the PowerShot G series are so
good that we use G10 images within our editorial library, and our
photographers using the G series models do so because of the image quality
and flexibility they provide."

He continues, "The unpredictable nature of news photojournalism requires our
photographers to get shots in all kinds of situations, and the size of the
G10 allows them to do that without drawing too much attention to themselves.
The low-light capabilities of the new G11 will be of even greater help in
that respect, as it will allow our photographers to shoot high quality
images without flash in even more situations."

Rest of the review here:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09081908canong11.asp?from=rss

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] powershot g11 -- like-a leica?)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] PowerShot g11 -- like-a Leica?)